The trends change drastically every day, from fashion shifts to music tastes. With just one click of a button, a multitude of possibilities instantly unfolds before us. And joining the ride is the maturing call center business in Pampanga that has evolved into Business Process Outsourcing (BPO).
Before delving into the changes, knowing when and where it all began is essential. In the Philippines, Frank Holz constructed the first call center in 1992. And the nation’s Congress decided to enact the Special Economic Zone Act in 1995 after realizing the industry’s potential.
This opened the door for establishing the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA), which in turn provided incentives and attracted foreign investors.
Meanwhile, in 2001 and 2003, a US-based business and an international BPO, respectively, launched their Philippine offices. The outsourcing sector accounted for 0.075% of the nation’s GDP in the early 2000s. This gave 8,400 unemployed Filipinos access to open positions.
With a thriving economy comes new opportunities. This article will discuss the latest trend set by call centers and the options it offers.
Call Center versus BPO: An Expansion of a Trend
There is widespread confusion about the difference between call center agents and BPO agents. BPO contractors can do more than just customer service. They can also do back-end administrative work and loan underwriting. However, call centers are solely dedicated to telecom customer service.
What Call Centers usually do:
Regarding functionality and work division, call centers focus on front-office operations. These vary depending on the company but usually focus on customer service. Some of its primary functions include:
- Inbound & Outbound Calls. Inbound calls are calls directly from customers who need aid, guidance, and directives. In contrast, outbound calls are executed on behalf of the company. It usually involves getting to new clients while marketing current products or services.
- Virtual Assistance. In this setup, employees are not confined to one workspace. Employees can cater to the customer or client’s needs wherever they may be.
What BPO Agents do:
On the other hand, agents in the BPO field concentrate on back-end processes. These include data entry, administration, finance, and the like. Simultaneously, they do customer support and help desk types of services. Such kinds of BPO are:
- Offshore Outsourcing. “Offshoring” occurs when a foreign company hires agents from another country.
Advantages: high privacy from business assets and liabilities, lower taxes, and attract more foreign investments
Limitations: proof of ownership and reinstatement
- Onshore Outsourcing. BPO employees are “onshore” if they work for the company and are based there.
Advantages: same time zone, fairly related culture, easier-to-regulate rules
Limitations: costly to hire candidates, minimal privacy due to control by authorities
Call Center Company in Pampanga: A Precursor to BPO
Call centers in Angeles City Pampanga keep growing and providing new opportunities for Cabalens and nearby provinces. These vary from different voice and non-voice accounts to other BPO positions. Here are some call center job opportunities in Pampanga:
Voice and Non-voice Accounts
Voice accounts process support through phone calls, either inbound or outbound calls. In contrast, non-voice accounts use chat or emails to communicate with customers. These accounts include:
- Technical support service. Technology companies offer a range of services to help customers fix network issues and provide expert technical advice.
- Financial Analyst. They are accountable for assessing financial data, conducting analyses, and offering suggestions to help organizations or people make wise financial decisions.
- Credit Support. A credit support professional is essential when it comes to helping financial organizations, such as banks or credit agencies. They have numerous responsibilities. This includes credit analysis, risk assessment, and customer support.
- Travel Booking. Individuals in this field are tasked to handle various aspects of travel reservations, bookings, and customer support.
Other Positions for Call Centers
As mentioned above, call center jobs in Pampanga have integrated with other outsourcing positions. These jobs require minimal to no customer interactions. Virtual Assistant, which does administrative back-office support, is the most common job. Some companies outsource careers like marketing, accounting, finance, media, graphic design, web development, and engineering drafting.
Just like local companies, call centers, or BPO companies have their own expertise. If you see yourself in a field other than customer support, many BPO companies now offer back-office support.
One of the growing companies that offer experience in Real Estate Support is ShoreAgents Inc. Some of the jobs it provides are:
- Property Management. This job requires an individual to advertise properties on various platforms. Maintaining listings, preparing tenancy agreements, and ensuring compliance with legislation are all part of the job. Additionally, helping with lease renewals and new applications is also required. There are many other tasks associated with the role.
- Finance Support. Individuals in this field must prepare finance checklists and associated invoices. They must also do weekly audits and updates of property settlement dates. Moreover, they must consistently create and improve processes and procedures. Finally, they must support the finance team with anything else they require.
- Draftsman. This role requires retrieving all development requirements for each estate and saving the data in the system. It also involves reviewing documents such as bushfire mapping, acoustic mapping, flood mapping, dwelling zoning, and dwelling requirements. Finally, it includes creating custom designs for difficult lots.
- Admin Support. Entry-level job seekers trained in data entry are well-suited for these jobs. They can support the recruitment and operations teams and assist the internal team when needed.
Trend Setter to Trend Standard: Conserved Stature of Call Centers in Clark Pampanga
There are many reasons why Pampanga has become the center of economic passage. From the locality’s ease of access to its multilingual population, it is the perfect place to grow a business.
The Philippines may have begun the establishment of call centers, but Pampanga gave it worth.
Prevailing Urban Development
With the fast-growing construction of large-scale businesses, the locale needs to be regressing. The movement for eco-friendly infrastructures has been proposed and is gradually set up.
Additionally, small businesses have also had a significant impact on the locality’s economic growth. The size of leisure activities, such as parks and coffee shops, in the province, is growing. This has attracted the attention of many local and foreign investors.
The emergence of such businesses and the urge to reside in a low-density population. Which, in turn, has enticed out-of-towners to acquire jobs in urbanized provinces like Pampanga.
Diverse Talent Pool
There is no denying that Clark, Pampanga, has been a lodge of varying ethnicity. The distinct personalities that can qualify for the open roles for call centers and BPO companies are associated with this.
Accompanied by the diverse population is the pool of complexities regarding talent. Most of those in this collective talent are the Millennials, Gen Z, and even Generation Alpha.
Such individuals have a good deal of talent, whether from content and video creation, graphic designing, or web development. However, the situation does not end there. They can also do administrative and people engagement tasks on top of their creative hustle.
The region is a prime location for call centers and BPO firms. Because of the presence of prestigious colleges and educational institutions, it consistently supplied qualified graduates with excellent communication skills.
Moreover, Metro Manila, the Philippine capital city, is just a short distance from Clark. Its advantageous position provides easy access to a large pool of highly qualified individuals. Additionally, the well-developed infrastructure, such as telecoms and transportation networks, are also easily accessible.
Clark Pampanga is part of the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA). This means that businesses in this area can benefit from tax incentives. Additionally, office leasing rates are lower in this region. In addition to this is lower labor costs, which make it a desirable option for businesses looking to minimize operating expenses.
Call centers in Pampanga, Philippines, have opened opportunities for the locals. It became the gateway for keeping up with the world’s advancements. Subsequently, it became the foundation for Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) companies to make and maintain their mark.
May it be call center jobs or BPO positions, possibilities are always in store. Starting up a profession in any of them is a huge advantage for growing a career.
At ShoreAgents, individual development is the industry’s innovation. It is imperative to align yourself with the prevailing trend.